Share This Article
Health is man’s greatest asset; for this reason, one should also do something to protect it and actively promote it. It begs the question: is that supposed to be it? Isn’t there more in life? Then some people decide that they want to lead a healthier lifestyle actually to live life. But what exactly does a healthy lifestyle look like, and what does it all include? This question is to be answered in this article.
What Does A Healthy Lifestyle Mean?
The health concept comprises three pillars – nutrition, exercise and relaxation. To lead a healthy lifestyle, these three pillars should be in harmony.
For example, if you eat healthily, but spend most of the day sitting down and don’t attach much importance to relaxation, does that not mean that you live a healthy lifestyle? If you move a lot now and also do sports regularly, but don’t pay much attention to your diet, then, of course, precisely the same applies as in the previous example
Some people often only realize that their unhealthy lifestyle could be to blame when an illness occurs. In the case of a disease with good chances of recovery, it is the so-called “wake-up” – many can turn their lives upside down and live healthier.
You can treat yourself to something now and then, and you don’t have to take it too seriously with the sport. Regular walks, lots of fruit and vegetables, relaxed evenings and taking a break from time to time – that’s all it takes to lead a good and, above all, healthy life.
Preventive checks should also be carried out regularly to discover any diseases in the early stages. Then you can’t blame yourself. A healthy lifestyle is often simply more happiness and satisfaction in life.
Benefits Of The Vegan Diet
- Subjective well-being through acting following one’s values and beliefs
- reduction of animal suffering
- adequate absorption of most nutrients (especially vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, folate, and carbohydrates) is easy
- can be inexpensive
- high intake of secondary plant substances
- high fiber content = health benefits
- Substitute products enable the usual taste with less animal suffering
- Discovering new products and recipes
- Average lower energy density
- Easier weight management
- Decision necessity
- lower intake of potentially harmful substances possible (e.g. from processed red meat)
- Risk of foodborne illnesses (e.g. due to salmonella, campylobacter, clostridium botulinum, listeria)
- Risk reduction for some diseases possible
- positive impact on the environment – researchers see a decrease in the consumption of animal products as necessary from a sustainability perspective.
- consumption of resources
Pros And Cons Of The Vegan Diet
With a vegan diet, you usually automatically take in many health-promoting ingredients such as vitamins and minerals, fibre and secondary plant substances. For some nutrients, however, the risk of a deficiency is increased.
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin D
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
These are potentially critical because they are in small amounts of plant-based foods with low bioavailability. But: Even a mixed diet does not protect against nutrient deficiencies. A healthy diet is possible with and without products of animal origin. Each form of nutrition has advantages and disadvantages, and certain aspects require a little more attention. In our society, most people have an inadequate supply of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, iodine, selenium and often also vitamin B12 and iron. The risk of this does not only exist with a vegan diet. With a few tips, however, you can avoid a deficiency. You can find detailed explanations in our articles linked above.
In the beginning, getting used to not being able to eat “everything” can be challenging, and a different look at the ingredients is necessary. As a vegan, you currently have the “problem” of not being able to try out all the new products that are storming the market. You probably won’t like all the latest products, but you probably know that from non-vegan products too. But even without these, you have a large selection of delicious vegan foods, as our vegan food pyramid shows.
Advantages Of The Vegan Diet And Minimize The Disadvantages
Reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies by frequently consuming foods high in potentially critical nutrients, increasing bioavailability through preparation, and minimizing losses during storage and use. You can find tips on this in our series of articles on individual nutrients. When choosing food, use the vegan food pyramid as a guide and regularly check the most critical health parameters with your doctor.
- Use preparation methods that improve digestibility and tolerability (e.g. soaking, boiling, sprouting, fermenting)
- Buy preferably regionally and seasonally – this way, you save money and do something good for the environment.
- Make shopping easier for yourself by looking out for vegan-labelled food and dishes.
- You save money by focusing on the essential foods – it doesn’t always have to be a ready-made burger or a fancy vegan restaurant.
- Do not replace meat and dairy products 1:1 with substitutes. They usually have different nutritional values.
Knowledge Of Major Vegan Foods
When eating out, ask politely about ingredients or customization options. Try different products – especially the natural alternatives to products of animal origin taste very different, and everyone can find their favorites.
Use the variety of vegan foods and discover new things: tofu, tempeh, seitan, pseudo cereals, various types of lentils and beans, yeast flakes, previously unknown types of vegetables and fruit, etc.
Find out from well-founded sources (e.g., official nutrition institutions) and try out new recipes. You can find lots of tasty treats for every occasion in our magazine.
Do not act in a missionary manner towards others, but show them understanding. Inform if the other person is open to it. You can find tips for communicating with critical non-vegans in your immediate environment in our article “5 tips for conflicts and suffering”.
It doesn’t have to be “perfect”. If you do reach for non-vegan foods, that’s no reason for reproaches.
The vegan diet has been gaining popularity recently, as many However, most people confuse a vegan and a vegetarian. The vegans are the one who is purely dependent on plant and plant-based products. In addition, they don’t even use the animal products such as milk.
Also Read: 2022 Spring Beauty Shades – Best Products