Share This Article
Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 – Today, I summarize my top picks in skin care and hair care for the year. I discovered many great articles for my sensitive skin – it was challenging to narrow them down to such an edited list.
Also, I have consumed quite a lot during the year – making a post listing all the items I have used and bought in the last 12 months would be extensive. Part of me wanted to do a favorite summary for each category; maybe I’ll do one in the new year, but for now, here are my top picks:
Cleaners and Toners
- Bioderma Sensibio Tonic Lotion is a toner it discovered a few months ago; it is soft and perfect for sensitive skin, balance, and calmness.
- The Glamglow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser (test here) is a sponge-a-foam cleaner. It is the best cleaner that helps to absorb excess oil, reduce redness and prevent outbreaks.
- And during the summer, I use it every day, in the evening, or after workouts, while in the hot months use this 2-3 times a week
- Gentle Daily Wash is the cleaner I look for the most, and I have regained the best and cleanest cleanser I have ever tried, which does not dry but still leaves it clean. I’ve tried all their cleaners, and they’re all big (yes, all of them), but this is the best for everyday use
Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 – flown very quickly, and looking back, there are many beautiful memories. Today I wanted to share a round-up of my favorite beauty products for 2016, followed by skincare, with a separate post that I have discovered. Most of these products are new to me and have become my must-haves.
Face and Cheeks:
- Make Up For Ever – Water Blend Face & Body Foundation gives the most natural-looking skin.
- Stila – Aqua Glow Serum Foundation that I have reached this year.
- BareMinerals – Bare Pro Powder foundation is lightweight and gives a flawless finish to the skin (reviewed here).
- Fresh – Instant Glow Luminizer wins for creating the most glowy-looking skin ever (reviewed here).
- Burberry Runway Palette – Illuminating Powder for Face & Eyes I have been obsessed over the glow from this palette (reviewed here).
Skincare & Haircare
Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 – Okay, this year has been seriously all about skincare and haircare. I’m trying to be better about looking after myself, and one of those critical things is my skin. I’m not getting any younger and want to put more effort into taking better care of it. So I thought I’d split my beauty discoveries up and do this post as a skincare/hair care post, and I’ll do a little makeup bit for part 2. So without further adieu, let’s jump into it!
Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 – A recent addition to my skincare routine is the Son & Park Beauty Water, and it does a great job at getting that extra bit of grime off of my skin and helping to balance everything out. I wasn’t exactly sure where to put this one, but the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist has quickly jumped to the top of my favorite beauty discoveries of 2016.
It was one of those products I didn’t want to “fall” for the hype, but wings – I did. It’s housed in the most beautiful glass bottle and gives you that dewy, glowy skin. I wish I had picked this up during the warmer months, but I do like that it adds a bit of a healthy glow to my complexion during these colder months.
Benefits for Skincare
Another discovery this year is Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate – I picked this up back and have used it every day, morning and night. It’s been going strong, and I’m finally nearing the end. But the other moisturizer that has become one of my favorites is the Origins GinZing Moisturizer. If you feel a bit in the morning, this would be a great moisturizer to pick up. It has a fresh citrus scent and a light gel texture, so it sinks into your skin quickly and doesn’t feel heavy on your skin.
Haircare and Its Benefits
Tips for healthy hair for Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016
- Wash your oily hair more frequently. The frequency you wash your hairs depends on the amount of oil your scalp produces.
- If your scalp is fat, you may need to wash it as many times a day.
- If you have chemically treated hair, it may be drier, also you may want to wash it less frequently.
- As it ages, the scalp produces less oil, so shampoo may not be as often necessary. But if you see the flakes in your hair, you may not be shampooed enough. This can lead to scales and other diseases of the scalp.
- Shampoo on the scalp. When washing hair, focus on cleaning the scalp first rather than the entire length. Only washing your hair can create flying hair that is dull and coarse.
- Use a conditioner after each shampoo unless you use a “2-in-1” shampoo that cleans and nourishes the hair.
- A conditioner can significantly improve the appearance of damaged or weathered hair by increasing shine, reducing static electricity, improving strength, and providing protection against harmful UV rays.
- Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 – Concentrate conditioner on hair tips. Since the conditioners can make fine hair look limp, they should only be used at the hair tips and not on the scalp or hair length.
Benefits for Haircare
- Choose a shampoo and conditioner that are specially formulated for your hair type. For example, use a shampoo designed for color-treated hair if you dye your hair. If your hair is damaged or its chemically treated, consider a 2-in-1 shampoo. Many shampoos and conditioner brands offer the same benefits regardless of the cost.
- Protect the hair while swimming. Protect your hair from the harmful effects of chlorine by the wetting and conditioning your hair before you swim. Wear a tight-fitting bathing cap and use a specially formulated swimming shampoo and a deep rinse to replace the lost moisture after swimming.
- Living Proof Flex Hairspray – best lightweight hold without the crunchy feel
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray Medium Hold – soft spray with a medium hold
- Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream – use this on ends
- Kiehl’s Silk Groom Serum – current favorite multi-tasker to smooth hair before blow drying and adding shine on the ends to finish
I want to describe in my writing that Best skincare and haircare discoveries 2016 a challenge to narrow them down to such an edited list. And it has consumed quite a lot during the year – making a post listing all the items I have used and bought in the last 12 months would be pretty extensive
Also Read: Visso Hair