Share This Article
AMRAP Workout – AMRAP, meaning As Many Repetitions (or Rounds) As Possible, is a super-straightforward workout format. As you might have guessed, the idea is to do as many reps/rounds as possible for an allotted time. This is a dynamic approach to fitness and can be custom-made to all needs and abilities.
In Addition, you can immediately tell that this type of exercise means restless until the clock stops. An AMRAP session can be in your training session or a complete workout.
You have probably already heard of AMRAP on many occasions, especially if you are an athlete and even more so if you have dared to try cross-fitness. What is the meaning of AMRAP? The importance of this word comes from the acronym “ As Many Rounds/Reps As Possible,” as many repetitions as possible. Many people set the time at 20 minutes almost non-stop. But that depends a lot on the physical form of each one and the objectives that are pursued. The common thing is to increase the time with the days.
What is AMRAP?
The AMRAP is a training mode that falls within HIIT, that is, exercises with high-intensity intervals. The main difference with CrossFit is that in AMRAP exercises, the goal is to do as many repetitions as possible in a given time. For this, the important thing is to choose, before starting, some specific AMRAP exercises (look for those that focus on the part of the body you most want to train that day) that you will repeat throughout the sports activity that day. It is recommended for people who have good resistance and want to complete their training quickly.
Main Benefits of AMRAP Exercises
- Great fat loss. Like any high-intensity exercise, AMRAP is recommended for targeting body fat. Reason? Because it takes the body a great effort to assume it, your muscles will have to resort to the energy that fat gives.
- Increases cardiovascular and muscular endurance. And it does it at the same time. In most exercises, these are exercised separately. However, the AMRAP style allows you to combine activities that help improve resistance.
- Little time for good results. The stress of life for many people means there is not always the time necessary to train. This modality will benefit you if you are one of those athletes who cannot spend an hour a day on their training.
- Quick notes progress. Remember that these AMRAP exercises are challenging and require a lot of effort. And that will make you notice the progress, as long as you train daily or almost. To know if you can handle more, gradually add one more round than in the previous days. If you get it, you are improving your abilities. Feeling how you are improving helps you increase your motivation and self-esteem.
- Mental resistance. These exercises are done with pressure. They are solid and challenging and will put your body to the limit. And, if you succeed, thanks to the fact that your mind is going to tell you not to give up, your emotional strength will benefit.
AMRAP Example: Exercise Routine
Now that you have to know what AMRAP is and its benefits, we will give you an example of AMRAP exercises. It is a routine of about 10 minutes. You can repeat it twice or even more if you have more time.
- Squats (10 reps)
- Skipping rope (20 repetitions)
- Burpees, that is, going from a squat to a plank and, from there, a standing jump (5 repetitions)
- Pushups (10 reps)
You can do these AMRAP exercises as often as you want your workout to last.
Tips To Make Your Amrap Training Effective
- It is recommended that, in each exercise, you look at a clock to see the time you are taking and thus be able to see over time if the progress you are looking for occurs.
- This training should be a minimum of 10 minutes, and it is recommended that the maximum be 40, although you should be the one to listen to your body and take into account your strength and endurance.
- Experts warn that it is counterproductive that in the first round, the athlete can do it very fast and full of energy and that in the second, he goes very slowly or even stops between exercises. You have to see his ability and train accordingly. It is essential to maintain continuity in the rhythm that is being carried out.
- There are no breaks between exercises, so it is recommended to be about 20 minutes on average. If you want to take breath stops, they should be about 10 seconds between rounds.
- Sports accessories can be used or taken advantage of by the weight of the body itself.
- To notice progress each day, you should increase the number of repetitions of each exercise and, over time, the number of times you repeat the entire circuit.
Is AMRAP Used for Cross-Fitness Training?
Indeed, among the options that Cross-Fitness presents, the AMRAP modality is one of them. Although not the only one. Each professional will carry out his Cross-Fitness training according to his preferred style. There is also Tabata, EMOM, Intervals, By time, it must be remembered that Cross-fitness is based precisely on high-intensity exercises and the constant repetition of these movements, so much fat is burned quickly.
I want to describe that AMRAP training focuses on a series of repetitions of high-resistance physical exercises designed for people who like challenges and overcome goals. AMRAP exercises are very useful in improving physical condition, giving the best of each one.
Also Read: Skin Brushing